bangla2000 Home b2k Interactive  Home all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Wednesday, December 13, 2017 BD

Groups
Others Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Saturday, March 02, 2002
Subject:
Haay Dhormo Haay Biggan, Porechho Orbacheener Haatey: Kisti Paach
Description:

Aaynatey Oi Mukh Dekhbey Jokhon
Kopoler Kaalo Tip Porbey chokhey

This way they are happening in the scientific enterprise suggests that either A) science is a religion or B) science needs religion. I favor the latter interpretation. Science needs religion. Why? First, because religion affects the values and beliefs that shape science. We need to recognize and use this fact, rather than ignore it. second, religion offers a model for the moral decision-making that modern science demands. Science can be strengthened by the ethical knowledge religion has gleaned over the eons. And third, scientific endeavor can be approached as a spiritual endeavor.

Is science innocent? Perhaps it was in its early days, but the advent of chemical warfare, the atomic bomb, and World War II bio-eugenics raped that innocence. Today the situation is that science should intentionally cultivate the long tradition of moral wisdom which religion offers us. Science needs to harvest from religion the noblest of its ethical integrity. Sadly, contemporary science tends to lack humility. There’s a story I would love to share with my readers of a theologian and an astronomer who were talking together one day. The astronomer announced that after reading widely in the field of religion, he had concluded all of religion could be summed up in a single phrase. “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” He said this with a bit of smugness, knowing that his field is so much more complex than that of theology. The theologian pondered this for a long moment. Then she replied that after reading widely in the area of astronomy she had concluded that all of it could be summed up in a single phrase as well. “Twinkle, twinkle, little star; how I wonder what you are!”

People Discussion
kumropotash
(Saturday, March 02, 2002)

Religion and morality are not the same! The suicide pilots who flew the planes on September 11 were religious but not moral! As I have already said, morality is a product of interaction among genes, physical and social environment (religion is only a part of it) and situational factors. “Twinkle, twinkle, little star, how I wonder what you are!” speaks of inquisitiveness which is smothered by religion. Religion stops by saying that the star was created by god. Science builds on this information (sometimes by challenging, sometimes by being inspired) and attempts to find out the real truth.

pardeshi
(Sunday, March 03, 2002)

Kuropatash,there is a book by 'Maurice Bucaille' "The Bible,The Quran and Science".You might find it helpful.

Copyright Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement