bangla2000 Home b2k Interactive  Home all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Monday, October 23, 2017 BD

Groups
International Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Saturday, March 02, 2002
Subject:
Re: Re: women & religion (for Kumropotash)
Description:

In my opinion, religion is one of the main constraints to women development. Every citizen of a country won’t need to be atheist to encourage women development as long as religion does not interfere with the state and the state possesses more power than religion (e.g., although the catholic church speaks against abortion, it’s legal in most of the places in the US). I also believe that an empowered and enlightened person will abandon religion if he/she is in a position to do so without facing any type of coercion or criticism.
Unfortunately I don’t think there is any country in the world at present that is totally atheist (religion is a powerful tool that can be exploited to serve one’s interests and there are opportunistic people everywhere). A good example might have been the social system prior to the creation of religion but again the anthropologists are yet to reconstruct what was the total picture at the initiation of human civilization. But as I have mentioned already, countries with the presence of religion can foster women development if certain conditions are fulfilled.

People Discussion
kuashaa
(Saturday, March 02, 2002)

Please let us know what the anthropologists find out. It definitely will be a wonder, I believe.

pardeshi
(Sunday, March 03, 2002)

In USA there are about 7 million muslim,lets say half of them are woman.Why is religion not stopping them from developing.These people are serious muslim,after sept 11 and with all the threat against them most of these woman used their traditional scarf to coved their face.They didn't have to do it,they did this without any pressure from anyone.So,religion has nothing to do with womans development.Its the socio-economic condition that playes a much bigger role in it.Kumropatash,I am sorry if I offended you anyway,we should be respectful to each others views.

kumropotash
(Sunday, March 03, 2002)

In the US, the religion is separate from the state. I have said it above! Humans stick to group norms even against their own will to fulfill their need for affiliation. Pressure can take many forms. Religion is a part of the socio-economic condition.

Copyright Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement