bangla2000 Home b2k Interactive  Home all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Tuesday, December 19, 2017 BD

Groups
International Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published
Date: Saturday, March 02, 2002
Subject:
Re: Response to Kumropotash
Description:

Onti if your response to an existing message is too long, you cannot post it as a response in the original message page. You have to post it separately. I don’t know why it is like that but it is a limitation of this bulletin board that B2K might consider alleviating!
My question is why religion has this “pordah” custom (it might not be the most important custom but it has been specified as one of the customs by religion so there must be a reason for it). I don’t see any valid reason why women have to wrap themselves around! If you argue on the line that “pordah” does not represent the total islam and hence can be discarded, my question then will be why is it written in the stone that the holy book is unchangeable (this also goes against your statement “religious norms are static”)? You are assuming that women in Jordan have gladly accepted this religious custom (even if they feel uncomfortable working in the corn field covering their heads, they have spontaneously agreed to do so), I wonder how reasonable that assumption is! There is a difference between doing things because you spontaneously want to do them and doing things because they are religiously/socially desired! I personally think that religious customs also change with time because religion is created and exploited by human beings. Depending on the interests of certain groups, different religious interpretations have been made at different points of time.

People Discussion
There are currently no Opinions to this Bulletin.

Be the first to discuss this Bulletin by adding your Opinion in the box to the left.

Copyright Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement