bangla2000 Home • b2k Interactive  Home • all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Sunday, October 22, 2017 BD

Groups
International Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Thursday, February 28, 2002
Subject:
Re: Religion & Women Development (for Fazle alam babu)
Description:

Fazle alam babu, I did a little research for you so that you can learn something about the Middle East countries! In Saudi Arabia, the literacy rate is 73 percent for males and 48 percent for females (1990, among people over age 15). In Iran, post revolution decrease in university enrollments, particularly percentage of women students, has declined from 40 percent in pre-revolutionary period to 10 percent in 1984. In Iraq, the literacy rate is 70.7 percent for males and 45 percent for females (1990). These 3 countries are relatively more religiously oriented than the other Middle East countries. Interestingly countries like Turkey, UAE, Bahrain etc. (with equivalent wealth) who either have higher level of interaction with the outside world or contain a higher proportion of international population have almost equal literacy rate for men and women! Can you see a pattern? It might be the case that religion was created for a good cause but so far it has contributed more negatively than positively to human civilization! There are some minor benefits of smoking compared to the numerous damages it may cause – it’s up to you to decide whether or not you should smoke!

People Discussion
bd_KonkaBoti
(Thursday, February 28, 2002)

nice write up, thanks!

Fazle alam babu
(Friday, March 01, 2002)

kumropotash,thans for the information.apnar proshner uttor kintu apnar gobeshonar moddhei ache,Turkey,UAE,Bahrain etc. e gulo o kintu islsmik desh,eder jonno kintu dhormo badha hoye darayni othoba era dhormo ke teg o koreni.
dhormo kintu manobshobhoytar upokarei beshi eseche.islsm i shorbo prothom dash protha biluptir ghoshona dieche,nari shontan ke jibonto pute felte nishedh kore,shikkhake shokoler jonno obosshoi kortobbo ghoshona kore,dhonir shonpode goriber odhikar(zakat)ghoshona kore;e gulo ki manob shobbhotar jonno khotikor?jodi hoy tobe apnar mote manob shobbhota ki? please explain.
amar janamote dhumpane kono i upokarita nei eta puropuri khotikor,orthohin upoma mulloban shomoyer opochoy noy ki?
Thanks again

kumropotash
(Friday, March 01, 2002)

Fazle alam babu, read my message carefully once again. There is a difference among the countries Turkey, UAE, Bahrain etc. and Iraq, Iran and Saudi Arabia. I have stated it clearly in my message. The US put an end to slavery without any religious influence. You don’t need religion to emancipate people – all you need is a little bit of humanity! By the way, I hope you know that almost every Bangladeshi family regularly hires servant(s) and most of the times, treat them like slaves (Bangladesh is a predominantly muslim country). And perhaps you also don’t know that in Sylhet, a group of religious fanatics killed a woman atrociously a few years ago! Finally, ask any smoker why he/she smokes and you will know what the benefits of smoking are!

kuashaa
(Friday, March 01, 2002)

I used to consume 30 sticks a day, for five years. I left smoking for 8-10 years now. Don't know any benefits it offered me, rather than some bad smell all around my body.
Mr. Kumropotash, do you mind to ask some of your friends and let we all know one single benefit out of it? Please. As I don't have any smoker closed friends, I am really helpless. I hope you will do me this favour. You are good at Research, we know. By the way, may we know the source of your research, so that we can do some too.

kumropotash
(Friday, March 01, 2002)

The biggest benefit of smoking is that it helps reduce tension and anxiety (as claimed by smokers). As far as I know, this claim cannot be substantiated by scientific facts. However it has been proven that if someone believes that he/she is benefiting from something, it may work for that person despite the presence of an actual benefit. The scientific term for this phenomenon is “placebo.”
Internet is a great source of research although one needs to be cautious of verifiability. I have used the Yahoo search engine to first find links on a particular country and then browsed those links for information on literacy rate. I have only used information from reliable websites like the US Library of Congress or the governmental website of a particular country on which I was seeking information.
I hope this helps kuashaa!

kumropotash
(Friday, March 01, 2002)

By the way kuashaa, you can call me just kumropotash!

Copyright © Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement