bangla2000 Home • b2k Interactive  Home • all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Thursday, October 19, 2017 BD

Groups
International Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Thursday, February 28, 2002
Subject:
Re: Religion & Women Development (for Rony Salman)
Description:

Well every people I talked so far who supported religion could not engage in a constructive discussion (debating with Pardeshi was a waste of time as he started talking emotionally, not sensibly so naturally I got frustrated). They argued based on faith, not logic. For example, what is the proof that quranic verses were sent from god? Once again, you can espouse your own belief which is fine with me. But you should not try to convert atheists without logic or try to impose your beliefs on someone else! Science has changed from time to time and that is what I admire about science. It looks for logic and when it comes across something logical, it does not hesitate to discard old beliefs. We build on what we know at present. And most importantly, we question instead of taking things for granted. Maybe one day science will be able to explain god/religion (I am speaking hypothetically) and I will be more than willing to accept that explanation. Because it will be based on facts, not faith!

People Discussion
bd_KonkaBoti
(Thursday, February 28, 2002)

Kumro!! You are misleading the whole discussion! My intention was not to bring out the question of existance of God or Riligion. and who created what! All i wanted is a practical and constructive discussion on use of religion (considering it exists!) as a positive force for women's development. I initiate this discusison because I needed some information on the topic. but where you are leading is really frustrated!

One of the major problem with athesists is that they don't understand where to open their big mounth.

kumropotash

bd_KonkaBoti, this bulletin board is not your personal property. Anyone can discuss anything here as long as it is ok with B2K. You initiated a discussion with focus on religion and women development and in course of the discussion, the focus shifted. You cannot specify what people can discuss or not! Although I used the title “Religion & Women Development” in the subject of this message, I also pointed out for who it was meant to preserve continuity and avoid confusion simultaneously.

bd_KonkaBoti

Rony Salman

Islamic scholar might have answers to all the questions, but for ordinary people, we will get stuck somewhere as the region beyond that encompasses completely pure beliefs! That’s why it is easier to talk about religion even to a different religion, like, to a Christian, Hindu or Buddhist rather than to an atheist! We take religion for granted right from the childhood and don’t study it too much, obviously, it is very easy to raise questions by anyone, but not all of them can be answered by ordinary people unless they have proper education, like the Islamic Scholars, in it!

There is no point alienating the people (you mentioned above...'this bulletin board is not your....') here, you don’t have to sound hardliner to pass your views around...

Copyright © Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement