bangla2000 Home b2k Interactive  Home all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Friday, October 20, 2017 BD

Groups
International Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Tuesday, February 26, 2002
Subject:
Re: Religion & Women Development
Description:

The reality clearly shows that believing in something blindly is not a positive thing – religion has been causing the death of innocent people since its inception in the name of religious warfare. Pardeshi you are asking to ignore the reality or pretend that the reality is not what it is! I suggest you take some time to take your eyes out of the holy book to have a taste of the reality! Part of the Bush administration is presently trying to entwine religion with social work (channelling funds to churches to help the underprivileged). There have been protests again such initiatives in the US as it has been described as an attempt to untie the religion and the government (compare this with Bangladesh where politicians can easily secure votes by performing hajj prior to the election). I hope you know how the Republicans (pro religion) came into power – it was a controversial narrow margin win. Given these facts, it’s hard to accept that the US is like Bangladesh in terms if religious bigotry and influence. Once again, give a break to the holy book! Finally I will try to accept the argument that there is no educated person in Bangladesh at present which is why religion cannot contribute to women development!

People Discussion
kumropotash
(Tuesday, February 26, 2002)

The next to last word in the 6th line should read “unite!” My apologies.

kumropotash
(Tuesday, February 26, 2002)

One more correction! The 3rd word in the 10th line should read “of!”

Copyright Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement