bangla2000 Home b2k Interactive  Home all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Monday, December 18, 2017 BD

Groups
b2k - odds and evens Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Wednesday, February 13, 2002
Subject:
Ref: "something to say..." by april
Description:

Hi! We wish to remind everyone of one thing: if you don't use a nick for 15 consecutive days in B2k chat it automatically gets unregistered. In that case someone else can easily register that nick and B2k has nothing to do about it. I don't know about "april" but "fasi bhai" sometimes remains absent from the chat room for quite a long period of time. So, it is certainly possible that the nick "fasi" sometimes gets free and at that time someone else uses that. On the other hand, if you use passwords that can be easily guessed by people what do you expect B2k to do about that?

However, when "april" says someone inside B2k uses her nick, it actually refers to the B2k Chat Administrator because none but he has access to the nickname database (though not the passwords since the passwords are kept in encrypted form). But I guess "april" knows very well that he doesn't have the time or taste to do that.

We understand that it is really hard to be around some place if you really can't depend on the people around you. We are really sorry for the situation and wish you luck for the future.

People Discussion
kuashaa
(Wednesday, February 13, 2002)

If you can keep the nick for 15 days, you can keep it for 30 days, for 60 days...even for longer periods of time.
We all would appreciate your positive initiative regarding this heart breaking practice.
My name is mine, my nick is mine. Mine for today, tomorrow...forever.

shubachon

Thanks for timely response and i appreciate your efforts to asure b2k chatters on their common ground.
i do agree with kuashaa and requesting you to think about re-arrengement of data changes regarding our nick names.

BB_Admin

We apologize for forgetting to mention one very important thing. As you have probably noticed, recently B2k server experienced a severe database access problem. At that time the nickname database was inaccessible to the chat program for quite a few hours. We sincerely apologize if anying happened during that period.

BB_Admin

We would like to thank kuasha and subachon for their sensible rensponses. However, we think permanent registration is not practical because that will block many nicks permanently and database size will continue to grow. But we are seriously considering to increase the inactive period from 15 days to 60. We really appreciate your valuable suggestions.

kuashaa

I appreciate it. And thank you B2K team.

april

well i use my nick all the time,so there is no reason for it to be unregistered.password is password,how could one guess about othere's password.Are people becoming mind reader?By the way, I don't who is the famous admin,you know better,don't you?

kumropotash

Most major web service providers let you keep your ID irrespective of the fact whether or not you are an active user. Is it resource constraint that prevents you from providing such level of service? Then you should consider upgrading!

cactus of-morubhumi
(Thursday, February 14, 2002)

dear admin april is
she not he

bd_KonkaBoti
(Thursday, February 14, 2002)

dear BB_admin,
if the whole drama is a result of your personal affairs with april, we would like to request you to solve that personally. Please don't bring your own affair in BB, and allow chatters to blame any admin for no reason.

Snow :
(Saturday, February 16, 2002)

Let me be a little bit noosy... Mr. Admin, thanks lot for caring to reply... 15 consecutive days and blah.. blah is an absurd statement coz if I say that SOMEONE TALKED TO US USING MY SAME NICK WHEN I WAS ALREADY LOGGED IN WITH THAT NICK ... and that mady me say good bye to b2k chat... WHATS GONNA BE YOUR ANSWER ???

Snow :

Let me be a little bit noosy... Mr. Admin, thanks lot for caring to reply... 15 consecutive days and blah.. blah is an absurd statement coz if I say that SOMEONE TALKED TO US USING MY SAME NICK WHEN I WAS ALREADY LOGGED IN WITH THAT NICK ... and that mady me say good bye to b2k chat... WHATS GONNA BE YOUR ANSWER ???

bd_KonkaBoti

i agree with you, Snow. Some one can do that. It happened to me once. But that only can be done if u have one letter in your name which is "i" or "l". if you take a nick "april" some one can take the nick "apriI" which will look exactly like april in b2k chat room. I have seen it happening to others. and there is one more thing. Some times, some people just put another "." after the nick and use the same nick and talk to people. for example "KonkaBoti" and " KonkaBoti." doesn't look much different in b2k. and it happend to me several times.

I hope, now as we have several admins in b2k, they will be able to help chatters when things like this happen. I just have one request, please don't put all the blames on admins. this small cheating can be done by any chatter. and I believe those who did it, are not admins. Thanks.

bd_KonkaBoti

Opppss! the same thing happend here too! i wrote april with a Capital i in second example and it appear l in the posting.

However, I apoligise to april for using her name, but I did it as this time we have been talking about confusion raised from her name.

Snow :
(Sunday, February 17, 2002)

Thanks Konka for attempting to provide a solution. But what you said wasnt what exactly happend. If someone log in with a nick that look similar to my nick, then that cant prevent me from logging in with my nick. But at that time when I tried to log in first, I found a message that 'that nick is already in use, try a different nick'. .. And when I logged in with another (unregisterd) nick then found that someone with my registerd nick is talking.... Well.. some other day someone enterd with my another registerd nick after I entered there with the same/similar looking nick. I am not blaming admin himself. May be it is not his/her intentional, but this kinds of discripancies are weaknesses of their system or their administrative policy.

Copyright Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement