bangla2000 Home b2k Interactive  Home all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Thursday, October 19, 2017 BD

Groups
Developers Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published
Date: Tuesday, January 22, 2002
Subject:
To Sohel for his HAERE Cricket!
Description:

Thanks Sohel for bringing up the burning issue at the right nick of time. It is true that there were too many factors that earned us the test status besides our real performances in the game itself! We got that status owing to many different reasons, the attitude taken by the cricket world for its globalization, tremendous popularity of the game in this subcontinent and also in this thickly populated Bangladesh with its history of cricket going back to the time even before the birth of the country, the interest of a cricket-admin people to see Bangladesh as a test member and above all, the great persuasive job carried out By Saber Chowdhury! It doesn’t need to mention that Saber (and there is a rumor, some cricketer’s too,) got the axe due to political reason! Since the earning of the test status, the only three things we have received are, Aminul’s century in the inaugural test, Ashraful’s name in the test book as the all time youngest centurion and the birth of only one genuine test cricketer, Habibul Bashar (my and I believe, everybody’s most favorite)! Other than that all are nothing but mere frustration! I can understand that people will cash in on political gains or loose in a political debacle, but I don’t understand how people in power readily take a step that is pretty obvious to jeopardize country’s fame and performance in foreign countries and simply get away with it!! How pathetic and ridiculous they sound when they deprive the country from hosting an international soccer tournament and then bellow proudly, ‘we will not get our heads down to FIFA……..’

People Discussion
There are currently no Opinions to this Bulletin.

Be the first to discuss this Bulletin by adding your Opinion in the box to the left.

Copyright Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement