bangla2000 Home b2k Interactive  Home all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Friday, October 20, 2017 BD

Groups
Working at home Group


Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired


Bulletins Bulletin : Published
Date: Saturday, May 19, 2001
From: Shoptodinga
Subject:
PLEASE TAKE CARE
Description:


W A R N I N G: W A T E R I N M I C R O W A V E

One of my friends informed me about this matter, which is, stated in below according to the writer’s own voice. This is something not very long. Please read it & if possible inform to all.


I guess I didn't know this. I heat water in a mug often in the microwave. I never thought of it as being too dangerous. I feel that the following is information that anyone who uses a microwave oven to heat water should be made aware of. About five days ago my twenty-six-year old son decided to have a cup of instant coffee. He took a cup of water and put it in the microwave to heat It up (something that he had done numerous times before). I am not sure how long he set the timer for but he told me he wanted to bring the water to a boil. When the timer shut the oven off, he removed the cup from the oven. As he looked into the cup he noted that the water was not boiling, but instantly the water in the cup "blew up" into his face. The cup remained intact until he threw it out of his hand but all the water had flew out into his face due to the build up of energy. His whole face is blistered and he has first and second degree burns to his face that may leave scarring. He also may have lost partial sight in his left eye. While at the hospital, the doctor who was attending to him stated that this is a fairly common occurrence and water (alone) should never be heated in a microwave oven. If water is heated in this manner, something should be placed in the cup to diffuse the energy such as a wooden stirrer stick / spoon, tea bag, etc. It is however a much safer choice to boil the water in a kettle.

NOTE: Subsequently on reviewing the above I have consulted a set of Microwave Operation Instructions and under the heading liquids it states:

Liquids that have been heated by Microwave can suddenly erupt. This Is due to layers heated to higher temperatures being trapped under the surface. To avoid this happening to any liquid, e.g. coffee, custard, gravy etc.:

1) Stir the liquid thoroughly before heating in the microwave.
2) Stir the liquid at least twice during the heating time.
3) Stir the liquid again at the end. NEVER OVERHEAT LIQUIDS.
4) Always use a suitable sized container, at least one third larger, than the volume of liquid to be heated. If in doubt use conventional methods, kettle, etc.


People Discussion
There are currently no Opinions to this Bulletin.

Be the first to discuss this Bulletin by adding your Opinion in the box to the left.

Copyright Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement