bangla2000 Home b2k Interactive  Home all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Thursday, October 19, 2017 BD

Groups
Movies Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published
Date: Wednesday, January 02, 2002
Subject:
Amelie, Gosford Park, The Shipping News
Description:

I saw 3 movies today (I guess as part of my new year’s resolution :-) and all of them were good!

First I watched Amelie – it was a pain in the neck to follow the English subtitle as I did not know French but it was a lovely movie! I don’t think I have seen any other movie with so much warmth and positivism about life before! It’s about a solitary (and a little eccentric but lovely :-) girl who creates a wonderful world of imagination around her to replace her loneliness. Incidentally, she starts doing philanthropic work and ends up finding her soul mate! You cannot but love the chemistry between Amelie and her soul mate (you will enjoy it better if you have seen the movie The Mask of Zorro :-)! It’s funny, silly, witty, intelligent and above all DIFFERENT than any other movie I have seen before!

Next I saw Gosford Park – a very well made suspense movie with immaculate performance by too many leading British performers to keep track of :-)! Maggie Smith was just perfect for her role :-)! If you see the movie, you will be surprised to learn how class conscious the British used to be and at the same time, you will realize how superficial and asinine such stratification was! Although I am pretty sure that there are still some people around the world who emulate the characters in the movie (specially on the upper stair side :-)!

Lastly I watched The Shipping News – again it was interesting to learn about the people of Newfoundland! Cate Blanchett surprised me in her role (I would say dialectically different from her role in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring :-) as a slutty, sassy woman. It was nice to see Kevin Spacey performing like he did in American Beauty. The movie revolves around him – he portrays a meek guy who gradually picks up faith in himself by resolving his problems – it is a poignant movie. Julianne Moore and Judi Dench were good too.

Well I plan to see Life As A House, Kate & Leopold, A Beautiful Mind and Vanilla Sky in the near future so if any of you have seen any of these movies, let me know how you found them! I want to see too many movies with too little money and time so your feedback will be appreciated :-)!

People Discussion
There are currently no Opinions to this Bulletin.

Be the first to discuss this Bulletin by adding your Opinion in the box to the left.

Copyright Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement