bangla2000 Home b2k Interactive  Home all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Monday, October 23, 2017 BD

Groups
International Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Sunday, December 30, 2001
Subject:
Religion
Description:

Snow, I slightly disagree with your opinion. I think all religions including Islam were created by human beings and originally they were meant to serve as social norms or laws. Later opportunistic people manipulated the interpretation of religious rules for their own interests. If you think with an open mind, you will see that all the religions essentially speak of the same stuff and they follow the same pattern of origin and dissemination with minor variations. It seems both you and Pardeshi agree that the way women are treated in Islam presently is not right. But if you speak of this in public, you will be called an atheist as no one is supposed to question the unchangeable Quran! Why you cannot change the Quran? Because the way it is being used presently is conducive to male dominated societies. Like any object/concept, religion itself is not good or bad in absolute terms. It depends on us – the human beings who created religion; how we choose to use religion makes it good or bad. Originally it was meant for a good cause but presently there is widespread misuse of religion. And one of the means the manipulators of religion use to maintain the status quo is to ascribe supernatural attributes to religion so that you don’t question and think your religion is the best! I don’t mean to attack anyone’s personal opinion or belief – I am just expressing my view. I think if we open up our minds – it will be possible to stop the exploitation of religion which is badly needed for the good of mankind!

People Discussion
pardeshi
(Wednesday, January 02, 2002)

You are right on target,we need to adjust with time the practice of Islam.May be it was ok to cut one's hand for stealing,but today its just out of dated.When we were in School we wrere beatenup for simple mistakes or just for being kids.Now its not like that anymore.So things do change with time,only people are too scared to do that with their religion.

pardeshi

I meant out dated.

pardeshi

You are right on target,we need to adjust with time the way we practice Islam.May be it was ok then to cut one's hand for stealing,but today its just out dated.When we were in School we wrere beatenup for simple mistakes or for just being kids.Now its not like that anymore.So things do change with time,only people are too scared to do that with their religion.

kumropotash

Pardeshi do you believe that people are scared to change religion because of the manipulators of religion or because they take religion as granted from the omnipotent and omniscient god?

Copyright Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement