bangla2000 Home b2k Interactive  Home all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Thursday, December 14, 2017 BD

Groups
Bangladesh Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Wednesday, February 21, 2001
Subject:
How can we rebuild our Sonar Bangla ?
Description:

Assalamu alaikum...

One can't help but notice the state of the political situation in our "Sonar Bangla". These hypocrites we call our political leaders are tearing our nation apart. I'm not just referring to the failures in the economic sense , but rather the social and moral sense. Probably everyone's noticed the gradual increases of crimes , some of the most horrid kind , in Bangladesh. Murders , rape , acid attacks on women...Astagfirullah , one must wonder if the ideals that brought the birth of Bangladesh is still alive. Recently a popular telivision in the US showed images of victims of "acid attacks" in Bangladesh,and implied that these acid attacks are common in Bangladesh,and go unpunished. Frankly , I am not as concerned with the global image this gives us-I worry about what the hell has happened to the morality of our bengali society. After so much sacrifice , so much nobility that brought us our independance , how is it that today our society as fallen largely to such depths of immorality and insensitivity. I dont recall any of our past Prime Ministers , or even the present one , addressing the issue of crimes like acid attacks in a truly serious manner.

I'd like to know what we can do to rebuild social morality. What steps can we take? Also , I'd like to know that there are people who still care about the situation in our Sonar Bangla ! Please feel free to give your views!

People Discussion
Amra_Bangali
(Wednesday, March 07, 2001)

I beleive the acid throwing is regard as serious crime and I think the punishment for this heinous crime is life in prison in our country. But it is often hard to trace (prove) the culprit and usually these were done to the average living, unprotected woman. These people's voice are usually ignored by the society even when they are not the victim. I beleive

Amra_Bangali
(Wednesday, March 07, 2001)

I beleive the acid throwing is regard as serious crime and I think the punishment for this heinous crime is life in prison in our country. But it is often hard to trace (prove) the culprit and usually these were done to the average living, unprotected woman. These people's voice are usually ignored by the society even when they are not the victim. I beleive
bangali people have changed drastically in last decade. We used to lend our hands to our neighbors in good and bad times. But now what we see is bangali has become too self centered, ignorant human being just like the pople from some other part of the world. I beleive we can definitely reverese our path and come to our senses and realise what it was worth to be a proud bangali.

tuman
(Wednesday, March 21, 2001)

I 'beleive'(believe)
we Bangalees need some good education starting with language education. If we need to write in English, we should use proper English. Otherwise, better to write in Bengali (using english alphabets, since Internet does not allow Bengali fonts interactively)

tuman
(Wednesday, March 21, 2001)

The earlier bulletin was sent in frustration at the language skills of Amra_Bangali. Truly, the problem is rooted deep in the society. A great majority of us are illiterate. And most of the rest 20% or so, don't really take education seriously. Otherwise, why would we have basic morality problems amongst the so-called educated? Morality/Ethics are some of the very first things a child learns when his/her learning experience begins - and it the mis-education (Aupo-shikhha?) that actually wears out this good education throughout the later years. This is not exhaustive, and I have just cited only one portion of a much bigger picture (for example, why do the illiterate do things that are completely contrary to basic morality which even the most illiterate person should know about?)

placenta
(Friday, May 04, 2001)

bykilinthosemotherfuckerwhocallthemselvespoliticans.

Copyright Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement