bangla2000 Home b2k Interactive  Home all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Monday, December 18, 2017 BD

Groups
Working at home Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Thursday, May 20, 2004
Subject:
WHO AM I?
Description:

Who Am I
What do you see
when you look at me
Do you see someone limited,
or someone free

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All some people can do is just look and stare
Simply because they can't see my hair

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Others think I am controlled and uneducated
They think that I am limited and un-liberated

They are so thankful that they are not me
Because they would like to remain 'free'

Well free isn't exactly the word I would've used
Describing women who are cheated on and abused

They think that I do not have opinions or voice
They think that being hooded isn't my choice

They think that the hood makes me look caged
That my husband or dad are totally outraged

All they can do is look at me in fear
And in my eye there is a tear

Not because I have been stared at or made fun of
Because they were too ashamed to play by their own rules

On the day of judgement they will be the fools
But because people are ignoring the one above

Maybe the guys won't think I am a cutie
But at least I am filled with more inner beauty

See I have declined from being a guy's toy
Because I won't let myself be controlled by a boy

Real men are able to appreciate my mind
And aren't busy looking at my behind

Hooded girls are the ones really helping the muslim cause
The role that we play definitely deserves applause

I will be recognized because I am smart and bright
And because some people are inspired by my sight

The smart ones are attracted by my tranquility
In the back of their mind they wish they were me

We have the strength to do what we think is right
Even if it means putting up a life long fight

You see we are not controlled by a miniskirt and tight shirt
We are given only respect, and never treated and violated

So you see, we are the ones that are free and liberated
We are not the ones that are sexually terrorized like dirt

We are the ones that are free and pure
We're free of STD's that have no cure

So when people ask you how you feel about the hood
Just sum it up by saying 'baby its all good'

People Discussion
jontrona
(Thursday, May 20, 2004)

Ruhy
(Thursday, May 20, 2004)

wot does a face supposed to mean jontrona??

ima
(Thursday, May 20, 2004)

nice one Ruhy ..yes i agree with u wearing hijab is something to be proud of.....my utmost respect to all the sisters who wear the *hood*!!!

jontrona
(Thursday, May 20, 2004)

Hood , may be good!!but the part that says freedom for a woman uder her father`s or husband`s roof, souns more like a vague consolation to a born prisoner. Women NNN freedom....

jontrona
(Thursday, May 20, 2004)

What a joke !!!!!!!!!! Rhymimg deserves some appreciation , though.

Sb
(Thursday, May 20, 2004)

jontrona
(Thursday, May 20, 2004)
Hood , may be good!!but the part that says freedom for a woman uder her father`s or husband`s roof,

-> where is that part?

nice one ruhy

Rahol
(Thursday, May 20, 2004)

For some reason this topic just caught my eyes, I thought its the movies by Jacky Chan .. Image Code: 15-005
Any way .. Tankxxx so much for a nice posting Ruhy .. !!
Let me tell a story abt Hijab ..
Couple of years ago when I was in BD me and my cousin sister (cute) went to shopping for EID .. She was wearing a tight Saluar Kamiz and small Orna .. (Orna bolle bhul hobe) ..
I realize dat some of the boys r trying to touch her and trying to come very close to her as the market was so busy .. she told me some of them pulled her Orna as well !!.. Rage r lojjai tar face lal hoea jai ..

Rahol
(Thursday, May 20, 2004)

On the way back to home I told her as long you dont wear Hijab chelera oi sob korbei .. Hijab porle tor man morjada / dignity aroo barbe .. Boys think u r a skin off banana ..
Aroo bollam tui jodi chas kal porikka kore dhak ..
Than the day after amora abar shopping a jai .. dat time she wore her Mums Hijab ..

Bisshas korbe ki na jani na all the people was respected her and giving space for her .. !! Jodio market goto diner chea bashi busy chilo .. !!

From that day she always wear Hijab .. Hijab is not just a Hijab .. Its protect girls from nasty humor sense ..
Ki je jala .. maiyago kischu buje na .. Modern hoibar chai .. Image Code: 09-016

Sb
(Thursday, May 20, 2004)

shikhonio ghotona, rahol

Rony Salman
(Friday, May 21, 2004)

I have all the respect for the people who follow religion all the way!! There is a tremendous impact of the society, where one is born and then raised, on molding one's religious belief and following them in practical life! Our social/religious culture is represented by our middle class bourgeois society, which is blended predominantly with modest Islamic regulations and then quite a bit of Indian culture. Every mosque during the Jumma prayer is overcrowded with people, but there again, you wouldn't find any less crowd gluing onto Indian song/movie channels!! And the most intriguing thing is, both the crowds are mostly of the same people!!
The surroundings have profound effect on our grooming and we grow up finding it natural to be able to see girl's hair. But I appreciate and respect someone who rises above our accustomed practice for the sake of religion to go on to wear veil!

Rony Salman
(Friday, May 21, 2004)

Jontrona, Father's/Husband's roof is no intrusion of any independence; I guess, it never occurred to you that what you construed 'imprisonment' could be the PROTECTION provided by the father or the husband!! You will understand what your coveted INDEPENDENCE could do to people if you look at the platitudes of teen single mother coming mostly from broken families in USA!!

Ruhy
(Friday, May 21, 2004)

thanks rony salman u've done my job by postin dat last msg regardin to jontronas comment thanks a lot!...

Copyright Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement