bangla2000 Home • b2k Interactive  Home • all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Monday, December 18, 2017 BD

Groups
Anything Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Friday, August 17, 2001
Subject:
A little Gibran
Description:

Kahlil Gibran (1883 to 1931) – some people say Jibran Khalil. In Arabic he is spelled like Jubrăn Khalil Jubrăn. He was born in Bsharri, Lebanon. A brilliant child who was into drawing and writing at an early age. His mother migrated with her children to the US, but their father stayed in Lebanon. From 1908 to 1910 he studied art in Paris with August Rodin. In 1912 he settled in New York, where he devoted himself to writing and painting.
Basically he was an artist, turned into American-Lebanese mystical poet, novelist and philosophical essayist. Gibran's works were quite influential in the American pop & Yuppie culture in the 1960-80s. He himself was greatly inspired by the Bahai* faith. In 1912 he settled in New York, and devoted himself to writing and painting. Gibran's early works were written in Arabic. “Though concerned with the transcendental in his books, the basic subject in Gibran's art was naked human bodies, tenderly intertwined.”
His best-known work is The Prophet (you can get Bangla translation), a book consists of 26 prosaic compositions. Ei biota praay 22 ti bhashaay onubaad kora hoyechhey. Boita porey bhalo laagar kotha. Jodiyo critic ra ei boitikey khub bhalo bhabey nen ni. Er karonta aamar shothik jana o nei, moneo korthey paarchhina temon. Kintu er ‘Marriage’ (thik aachhey to?) ongsho thekey shei shomoy ebong ei shomoy e o onek wedding ceremony tey recite kora hoy. Eta besh popular.
Usually Gibran used prophetic tone to condemn the evils that torment his homeland or threaten the humankind. His style, a combination of beauty and spirituality, became known as 'Gibranism' (Bangladesher uthti shahittikder maajhey shunechhi eta ekta jonopriyo bodh).
Gibran er nijer kothaay………"I am a stranger to myself. I hear my tongue speak, but my ears find that voice strange. I may see my hidden self laughing, crying, defiant frightened, and thus does my being become enamored of my being and thus my soul begs my soul for explanation. But I remain unknown, hidden, shrouded in fog, veiled in silence."
Gibran died of liver disease, possibly accelerated by alcoholism, in New York on April 10, 1931. Upon his death, his body was shipped back to his hometown in Lebanon, where alongside his tomb The Gibran Museum was later established. In his will Gibran left all the royalties of his books to his native village.
PS. Gibran er jeebon, Gibran er dorshon, Gibran er bechey thakar prerona baa utsho shob kichhui aamar thekey onek bhinno. Aadorsho hishebey taaderkei dhora jay jader moddhey nijekey protisthapito kora jay onek khani. Tobey batikromee dharar probhabshalee lekhok hishebey sroddha kori taakey.
*Janina aapnara ke kothaay thaken. Dhakatey 7 Now Roton Colony, Circuit House Road e Bhahai der prodhan upashonaloy aachhey. Habibullah Bahar College er just pechhoney. Giye dekhtey paaren. Jodiyo shekhaney Gibran bishoye kichhu nei.
**Lekhati likhtey shahajjo ebong utshahito korar jonno, Konka, Lily, April, Buno, Heemel, Agni shoho aaro kichhu source er proti aamar Salute.

People Discussion
bd_KonkaBoti
(Saturday, August 18, 2001)

a very useful writeup. thanks Kuashaa for this nice little intro on Gibran.

kuashaa
(Saturday, August 18, 2001)

Onek dhonnobad.

Copyright © Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement