bangla2000 Home • b2k Interactive  Home • all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Wednesday, October 18, 2017 BD

Groups
Life at Work Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Thursday, March 18, 2004
Subject:
Virtuality
Description:

Lately I’ve been pondering the question – what is virtuality? According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, it is an essence, a potential existence. A potential existence – it is such an accurate and succinct definition given the confusion and guarded emotion provoked by me, yes by me, in someone special.

So, as I delve deeper into this issue I found myself just as perplexed as that special person. I kept asking the question how it is different from the reality. Can it really affect us emotionally? I think it is. I think virtuality is an altered and in some instances a greatly embellished representation of reality which does not really exist, but it is real at the cerebral level at the moment in time when what is virtual, seamlessly dissolves into reality. And one existing at that very moment passing through this altered state of reality may be unable to distinguish the two – what is real and what is virtual. Hence, it is ultimately a reality as the experience is real. That one’s physical existence is not always tantamount to one’s mental state of being, that one may not have the same experience consequently, are also probable, as the law of physics dictates that it is impossible to predict the space in time of any object at the sub atomic level.

Neo’s repeated transition between these two worlds, as it was portrayed in the movie Matrix, was so seamless that over time it became impossible for him to separate the two as his death defying ability to fight the evil in virtual world started to manifest in reality. And all of a sudden, everything virtual is real and visa versa. One might argue that just the movie. But what is important is the experience which lingers, virtual or otherwise. Any unabated desire to discern this tangible experience reduces to confusion and suspicion, which begs the question whether the purveyor or creator of this pseudo-reality is real. I would tend to think it is a matter of perception. No matter how hard one tries to put this two together it would be very difficult if not impossible to draw a clear conclusion. So, what do all these amount to? I would say the creator or the purveyor remains as an enigma and that special someone need not reflect anymore..........

People Discussion
VanityPress
(Thursday, March 18, 2004)

correction: vice versa, not visa versa

cluster11

There is indeed reality all around us that our senses are unable to pick up. What we perceive as reality is a combination of our brainwork and physical responses. Movies use this concept extensively to generate evetns before our eyes that our brains can accept as fantasy although they happen before our eyes (in the silver screen).

cluster11

As Vanity briefly touched on it above, Uncertainity Principle and the "Schrodinger Cat" example shows reality is the net sum of all probabilities and our action. Is the cat really not dead until we 'look inside' the box? Can a electron collide before it existed? Are there hidden dimensions curled up inside our everyday existance? The truth is often stranger than fiction.

Ronnie

Defining...
Any unabated desire to discern this tangible experience reduces to confusion and suspicion, which begs the question whether the purveyor or creator of this pseudo-reality is real.

VanityPress, Could you tell me the issue raising your realism on virtuality, please?

Tht's it...

Hypothetical descision. But, how much it would be go through?

"No matter how hard one tries to put this two together it would be very difficult if not impossible to draw a clear conclusion. So, what do all these amount to? I would say the creator or the purveyor remains as an enigma and that special someone need not reflect anymore..."-- Not this...

Regards,
RONNIE

VanityPress
(Sunday, March 21, 2004)

I think my posting merits few words in the light of several responses. Movies do induce a sense of virtuality to a certain extent, but that’s not what I was referring to by saying – “But what is important is the experience which lingers, virtual or otherwise ”. What I was implying is that Neo’s experience, which lingered and affected him profoundly in reality. In fact, he became increasingly incapable of separating the two worlds with each installment of the series. Although I think first one is the best which started out with a great premise, but that’s a whole different issue altogether.

Ronnie, I’m not quite sure what you were trying to get at. Suffice it to say that recently I had a discussion with a special friend of mine and the issue came up. As for your second point, since you were not part of the discussion, it would be hard for you to comprehend. But, that’s not to say that statement can’t be painted with a broader brush. I would recommend that you pick up any good book on mysticism and you would see there is a whole new world with a whole new dimension of reality, which is not induced, but rather spontaneously evoked.

Copyright © Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement