Participate in the Bulletin
Bulletin : Published
Friday, February 13, 2004
Subject: from Guardian
Teachers treated for eating hash cake
Luke Harding in Berlin
Friday February 13, 2004
When teachers at Herder school in north Germany discovered a chocolate cake
outside their room, they suspected nothing.
Pupils had often brought in cakes to raise money for charity, so staff sliced it
up and tucked in.
But before too long, 10 teachers from the elite school in Lüneburg started
trembling, feeling unwell and suffering from hallucinations.
Police called in to investigate confirmed that the cake had contained large
amounts of hashish.
All 10 teachers were treated at a clinic after eating the cake on Wednesday but
were later released. The remains of the cake were being examined, police
spokesman Michael Düker said.
"The cake was left outside the room on Wednesday morning before the break," the
school's spokesman, Hans-Christian Höhne, told the Guardian last night.
"Someone brought it in. A lot of people then had a slice and three-quarters of
the cake was eaten. About two or three hours later they all started feeling
sick. My colleagues were very afraid."
The teachers had suspected nothing because for the past six years pupils had
been bringing in cakes to support a radioactive measuring station in Chernobyl,
Mr Höhne added: "It's impossible to say whether a student or someone from
outside was responsible. Either way, it was a bad joke. In future we'll insist
that pupils put their names on cakes."
(Sunday, February 15, 2004)
Cake kabar sok mitecha ..