bangla2000 Home • b2k Interactive  Home • all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Saturday, December 16, 2017 BD

Groups
b2k - odds and evens Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Tuesday, December 23, 2003
Subject:
My Little Experience....
Description:

This incident was an invaluable and heartfelt experience for me, so I just wanted to share it u guys.

Last night, as I was walking absent mindedly along the little park, pondering on nothing in particular, but enjoying the stillness of the night, I was approached by this homeless person with a beastly looking dog. The site of the dog frightened me quite a bit. Seeing that I was startled by his sudden approached, he apologized and asked if I have any money, so he can buy some food. I looked at him intensely, thinking that I have seen his somewhere before. The face looked very familiar, he was young, I think probably in his early 30’s. He told me that he has seen me many times, I even said hello to him every morning but the amazing thing was I had no recollection of this. As the story unveiled itself, I realized, he is the same homeless person whom I pass everyday to get to work. Although I was aware of his presence, I never looked at him, not did I bother to give him any money. I always used to see him with a beer in his hand, hence assumed he was just wasting his life living rough, what he should really be doing is finding a job, rather than degrading himself by begging for money. Like many others I regarding him as being a nuisance, but still managed to give him a little hello, this I believed was my act of kindness. Anyway as we got chatting I told him I would not give him any money, if he wishes I can take him to the café and get him some hot food, since it was a very chilly night. He did not need much persuading, took the offer immediately. I wanted to buy the food for him just to make sure that he does not use the money for alcohol. I guess I was in one of my kind mood. I don’t know why I offered to buy him food, or what prompted me to do it (usually I would think twice about doing something like that), but it just felt like the right thing to do.

This morning when I passed him I actually looked at him; he was no different from any other day, sleeping there with his dog. But I stopped as I was captivated by the sheer beauty of the scene. James (name of the homeless person) and the dog were sleeping, they both seem so peaceful and content in their sleep. The “beauty” was the love they had for each other. They were in a happy little world of their own, protected and guarded by each other, as if nothing in the world can harm them. It reminded me of one of Oscar Wilde quote…” to look at a thing is different from seeing a thing; one does not see a thing unless one sees its beauty”. The irony is that, an animal is showing him the compassion and love which we as human beings are failing to show.

What I am saying is that no matter how good our intentions may be, we don’t often take notice of our surrounding, to see the ugliness or suffering, or rather avoid it because we are so over consumed with our lives. To show kindness to others is not very difficult, even a simple smile can lighten up someone’s day. All of us have a basic decency and goodness within us. If we only listen to it and act on it, we will be giving a great deal of what the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his/her own goodness and act on it.

People Discussion
ontora ..
(Tuesday, December 23, 2003)

nice posting ima apu .really....an animal is showing him the compassion and love which we as human beings are failing to show........its true..
take lots of care.lots of love n wishes for u apu

jaceco

Next thing we know, Ima will be known as mother Ima Teresa. Just kidding, as always enjoyed reading ur posting. Thanks.

ArospO

I must say imapiii its one of a kind exp that you had which made you realize lots of things...Made you see things differently...and you must be lucky to go through such an exp...
Thx for sharing!
Hopefully we all will learn somthing from it!

boder_haddi

ima afa, aida ki likhchen, kichu buji na

Rahol

Nice one Ima .. !!

Learned something from that ..

sarah

wow..isnt it amazing how we suddenly realise something that has just been in front of ours all the time...its a weird shocking feeling.but then u r glad u realised it!..ima pu it takes alot of good to do what you did...i think you had crossed that threshold long back..the big hearted person that u r..u just show it..ure soooooooooooo sweeet...i guess all u needed was realisation..and that just happened ! ..thanks for sharing pu!! truly a life time experience

sarah

*our eyes

ima
(Wednesday, December 24, 2003)

Thank u very much, my sweetest dearest apu's and friends. I hope u all have a wonderful holiday...and a prosperous new year ..my love and prayers will always be with u all.

ima
(Wednesday, December 24, 2003)

oh almost forgot oneek mistake chilo...could not be bothered to correct them....so do apologies for that

Ganet
(Thursday, December 25, 2003)

Gud Ima very gud

Copyright © Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement