bangla2000 Home b2k Interactive  Home all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Tuesday, October 17, 2017 BD

Groups
Islam Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Tuesday, December 23, 2003
Subject:
What would you do or think , if someone attacked you like...?
Description:

::::::::From one of my frd's Topic.(who lives in US)::::::::: (If anyone Excused, then sorry..)
Ok, Her Topic as follows:

When I went to College today, I wore a dupatta or oorna or whatever you guys may call it around my head to cover my hair, because my hair was messed up today. Also, I had a scarf around my neck, you know "muffler" not those hijabi scarfs.

Anyway, I was sitting on the seat in the train and this Hispanic guy with a Spanish Newspaper sat down opposite of me.

First I thought he was talking to himself, but actually he was talking to me. He started saying, "you know, it's not only YOU GUYS, there are PUERTO RICAN TERRORISTS TOO. And, everyone has a good side and a bad side."

I was like, "why the hell is he telling me that?"

Then, he's like, "are u muslim?"

I'm like, "yeah" (confused)

Then, I am like to myself thinking, "Okay it must be my muffler, dayuum winter, it's so cold, I have to wear a muffler and people think I'm Muslim".

I'm not saying I am not, I am Muslim, but no had ever noticed that I was Muslim before.

Q:::- What would you do if someone attacked you like that and told you that there are other terrorists too, not only Islamic extremists?
-----------------
thankS.....

People Discussion
blackboard
(Tuesday, December 23, 2003)

Correction thakle, tik kore neben.

dark_angel

scarf porlai ki muslim hoi.....isn't other people of diff religion wear scarfs or anything????

ssswamje

thanks blackboard
sob society te e valoo ba monda manus achhe.kintu idaning usa er news mediagulu emon vabe muslim der birodhdhe prochar korchhe je ekmatra muslim rai sontrashi.koyekbochhor aage o usa ba tar ashe pasher desh gulute manusjon muslim der sommondha eto baje dharona korto na.amar mone hoi aait media gulu porikolponamafik korchhe.tai sadharon manus vuul kore.tobe aai jatiyo proshner khtre eriye cholte parle valoo hoi.

ontora ..

sorry to hear that ..but may be its an exception right bhaiya .its not usual actually ..though worst exprience.doa kori amon jeno situation e kauke porte na hoi.take lots of care bhaiya.

ArospO

I First have to understand his/her way of thinking...If I feel, I can have an conversation over this with him/her, I would continue otheriwise I would just ignore!

cluster11

Opsii said it the best. But I am yet to understand what the write is actually trying to say?? Nothing in the above conversation shows that the guy ATTACKED the person. What it looks like is that he was tryign to have a conversation and he assumed (and asked also) that the writer is muslim (which was a correct assumption). If someone wears turban I wud probably guess he is a Sikh! So? I mean whats the big deal here.

Sb

He started saying, "you know, it's not only YOU GUYS, there are PUERTO RICAN TERRORISTS TOO. And, everyone has a good side and a bad side."

tht was the point clusty vaia.... not the next question. he assumed it even before asking her.. that she was a Muslim..and .. there are..other terrorists as well, not only the MUSLIMS!

cluster11

I see your point Sb. But the guy (himself probably a Hispanic) said "..there are Puerto Rican terrorists too..". So he was not implying that only muslims are terrorist, he was actually saying there are terrorists within his own race (regardless of religion) as well. I have not heard anyone claim that only muslims are terrorist and certainly not in the above post. Thats why I am confused as to why the writer was thingking he/she has been attacked.

ClusterOne

cluster11

Maybe we are going in circles here. If someone can clarify then it will be helpful. Is the issue:

1. The guy is implying only muslims are terrorist?
OR, 2. That he assumed the writer is a muslim based on her appearance? - People everyday on the street mistakenly identifies brown colored ppl as Mexicans and start speaking spanish. I havent heard anyone claiming attack because soemone started speaking Spanish to him/her.

sarah

from what i can gather..i m guessing the main issue of this whole posting is ..did it hurt to hear you when the person said " MUSLIMS are terrorists " ...i think its all about accepting facts...ppl now a days just take it for granted that there are more muslim terrorists thats all..and that man was definately not attatacking...on the contrary i think he was defending the fact that ppl recognise muslims as just terrorists when he said " ..and, everyone has a good side and a bad side"..but then again why would he just jump start a conversation on "terrorism" anyways ...what i would basically do is draw more attention to his ending statement " And, everyone has a good side and a bad side."

blackboard
(Wednesday, December 24, 2003)

First of all, thankS all for your valuable comments.
I want to know others opinion abt this matter.
For ur kind info, Last week in France, A Bill Passed by Govt. to a restrict wearing Scarf for Muslim school gal. They asked, Scraf, the symbol of Terrorism.
At this situation, how would we think abt this?!!
thankS again...take care

blackboard

Also i will reply all your comments to her.
thankS...

Rahol

I would just Image Code: 15-014 his ssss and knock him out ..

Na na .. Sotti bolte ki ,, Ami take bujate chesta kortam ArospO ar moto ..

blackboard
(Thursday, December 25, 2003)

Rahol, Language plz, Shob jaigai oi shob word use korte jaben na.
thankS...take care

Copyright Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement