bangla2000 Home • b2k Interactive  Home • all   bulletins • New Members Sign Up • b2k Members Sign In
Tuesday, October 24, 2017 BD

Groups
b2k - odds and evens Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Sunday, October 12, 2003
Subject:
One man's terrorist is another man's Freedom Fighter
Description:

I have been reading ur posts for the past couple of days, seems to me that there are a lot of fun topics and quite interesting current affairs topics too....anyways what i'd like to pose towards fellow b2k ppl are
(1)Can terrorism be clearly defined?
(2) What is the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter?

I'll appreciate ur responses

People Discussion
ima
(Sunday, October 12, 2003)

Terrorism by nature is difficult to define. Here is one of the many definitions of terrorism
“The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.”

Recently the term "Terrorist" is used so loosely that it has lost a clear meaning. It is usually applied to the use of force based on whether the person agrees with the goal of the violence. Hence the expression "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."

ima
(Sunday, October 12, 2003)

As for the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter, yet again it is rather tough to differentiate between the two as it often depends on one’s political position, and whether one thinks the group’s ends justify its violent means. Also given that Terrorism is seen as a ploy and freedom fighting describes an action, one can be engaged in both hence they usually overlap.

Copyright © Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement