bangla2000 Home • b2k Interactive  Home • all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Saturday, October 21, 2017 BD

Groups
Anything Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Wednesday, October 01, 2003
Subject:
Iraq up for sale
Description:

Ima, have you had a chance to look at this week’s economist (sept 27th oct 3rd)? Read the article on Iraq’s economic liberalization “let’s all go to the yard sale”. I would like to hear your opinion on World Bank and IMF’s suggestion for Iraq to become a virtually free trade zone??

People Discussion
cluster11
(Wednesday, October 01, 2003)

Gondogol, you still continuing your stalker persona or wised up? (Since you claim to be ima's buddy maybe u had enuff courage by now to face up to her). I see you are still so ashamed of yourself that you continue to use a pseudo-nick in BB. Typically kids from abused households or with a terrible past are more prone to destructive behavior as your affinity for this nick suggests. I do hope your pretension stays within B2K BB .. otherwise you maybe in a for a rough ride.

ima

gondogol bhai..u seem to know a lot about me so i am assuming that i know u..anyway if this is ur idea of having fun ... it is not funny...but i am not going to rude..so here is my response...

cluster11

hahahaha .. that was damn funny (ima's response). But i sincerely hope this gondogol dude is not soem freak stalking on ima and wearing a friendly face. Cmon dude, you will sitl lcontinue to chicken out? Reminds me of that "Willard" charchter ..

ima

gondogol bhai..u seem to know a lot about me so i am assuming that i know u..anyway if this is ur idea of having fun ... it is not funny...but i am not going to rude..so here is my response...

ima

Well what would one expect from the World Bank and the IMF. They have yet to get it right (their policies). On many occasions their chief economist criticized their policies. This was said by one of W.B’s former official **efficiency in the W.B is to move the greatest amount of money with the least amount of thought**. Be that as it may ur question was regarding Iraq, well from an economic point of view it is not the right time for IRAQ to be expose to global competition. Iraq is at a very vulnerable stage; they do not have political or economic stability. Priority should be given to reconstructing Iraq, it’s battered infrastructure, stabilising the socio-economic/political condition.

ima

Another point is that multinational companies would be allowed to repatriate 100% of their profit; it is an outflow of income. Iraq would have been able to rip the benefit of foreign investments if they had any bargaining power, at present they do not. Also one needs to take the domestic industries into consideration, they are not in a position to compete globally, multination corporation are well equipped with **greater resources and expertise*** hence the domestic markets would not able to compete with them. Such exposure will prevent growth of Iraq’s domestic companies.

ima

From a political point of view the article u posted covers all the main points…eg since they do not yet have a legitimate govt (gvt elected by the ppl) should such crucial decision be made by American puppets. I have only pasted one ….

“The US appointed Iraqi Finance Minister Kamel al-Keylani announced the news on behalf of the illegal and foreign invaders – naturally -- since the ordinary Iraqi population has not elected Mr. al-Keylani. Should an authority without legitimacy from the Iraqi masses be making such crucial decisions, or is this what the Bush and his cohorts (Neo-Cons) meant by establishing “Democracy” and “return Iraq to the Iraqis”? Perhaps “democracy” means to prepare Iraq to be devoured by its multinationals and corporations; incidentally those companies happen to provide a lot of “funding” (bribes) to these political parties.”

ima

cluster...let;s hear ur opinion...!!!

Rony Salman

Another constructive criticism from ima, thanks ima!

ima
(Thursday, October 02, 2003)

Ronay salman thanks for taking time to read.

cluster11

When a nation is under occupation and is ravaged such as Iraq is - reconstruction does require a certain amount of time. It had taken Japan and Germany 10 or mroe years, under occupation, to recover economically (both were under U.S. occupation) and today they are big players in the financial world. The problem with Iraq is, it opened up a battleground for other forces at work (such as several islamic terrorist organizations and undergroudn parties subdues during Saddam regime). The Bush Administration grossly underestimated the power of these groups and their capability to hinder Iraq's economic progress with disruptive tactics.

cluster11

I see 3 major mistakes the Bush administration made.
1) Fooling congress regarding the financial aspect of reconstruction by downplaying amount of aid needed.
2) Relying on Iraqi expatriates who are mostly out of touch with the actual Iraqi ppl. Some of these are outright liars and power grabbers like Ahmed Chalabi.
3) Underestimating the guerilal tactics of the opposing forces and humiliating Iraq's general army.

cluster11

1) Fooling congress regarding the financial aspect of reconstruction by downplaying amount of aid needed.
2) Relying on Iraqi expatriates who are mostly out of touch with the actual Iraqi ppl. Some of these are outright liars and power grabbers like Ahmed Chalabi.
3) Underestimating the guerilal tactics of the opposing forces and humiliating Iraq's general army.

cluster11

Copyright © Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement