bangla2000 Home b2k Interactive  Home all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Tuesday, October 17, 2017 BD

Groups
b2k - odds and evens Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Monday, February 24, 2003
Subject:
For Dr. Naaz
Description:

Doctor Naaz,if ur search for the truth is really earnest, then my advice to u will be to go and read the Quran and the other books of revealation, the inclusion of which are as much a part of our faith, and their meanings,interpretations, translations,etc,and supplement those learnings with books,journals, articles and researches done by other people with adequate authority on the subject matter, and then form ur own opinion. I do have an issue with some translations and interpretations in which the translators have superimposed their own supporting hadith and commentary, which is sometimes just repetition of
orthodox views. U must challenge in ur own mind the whole basis of this
orthodoxy on many issues, and resist swallowing someone else's
interpretation no matter how many centuries it has been universally held.The oppression of women by men existed even before the emergence of the various religions, way before the dawn of civilization,and both nature and nurture have distinct roles to play in it. It'll be a shame if u search for ur answers in the half-baked,prejudiced, unintelliegnt and fallacious debate, which are nothing but the extension of the twisted and ignorant minds of some unfortunate ppl, posted in this bulletin. With that said, I have to say that some of the points made by some ppl are quite good. I am sure after having searched in all the right places, u will have a much better insight into this whole matter,and will share with us ur precious findings and ur learned opinion. I wish u all the best at this cusp of ur own exploration of Islamic thought and other relevent topics that will enrich ur knowledge. Hope it is something that will endure: at the very least it is quite
intellectually stimulating and I'm pretty sure that its more interesting
than any other pursuit!!!

Sabrina :)

P: I cudn't post under the original bulletin ... must be some kind of technical hitch.

People Discussion
NettRomeo
(Monday, February 24, 2003)

I was wondering if you are aware of the fact that there was a time when ancient families and groups(like little societies) used to be led by females. I believe in the repititive nature of history - in different form though. I wish I'd live that long, coz I'm a feminist, honestly....
Also, from your writing, it's not clear what you really wanted to mean 'bout the role of religion in this matter. But, I wanna point out that, there are elements in major religions that directly or indirectly supports men dominance over women. And this is one of the major reasons why some societies, following certain religion - are continuously falling behind. For example - Bangladesh...etc. etc. Therefore, male/female relationship is a major factor of a societies/contries development situation as well....
Thanx for reading my mail and getting mad...

[kuashaa]

very well written Sabrina. good piece of writing.

and what I learnt by reading some different holy books is, Men was created by giving very distinct authority over Women.

unfortunately this superiority complex drove men to act on 'was born to rule' the women flavour. Othocho, they were supposed to 'lead'; 'guide'.

aarekta unfortunate matter is, some 'aata mollas' are living on religion. these are the people whose immaculate conception on religion gives birth of confusion, controversy & criticism.
(this part is for NettRomeo)

-dhulo-

Sabrina
(Tuesday, February 25, 2003)

test

Dr.Naaz
(Tuesday, February 25, 2003)

Yes you are right Sabrina...this can only confuse me. I should look at the translations of Quran again...this time more carefully Thanx...sorry to everyone , to get you emotional again after it had already happened once.

Copyright Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement