bangla2000 Home • b2k Interactive  Home • all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Friday, October 20, 2017 BD

Groups
Others Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Monday, October 14, 2002
Subject:
some of my expressions
Description:

hmm...long time..didn't come this bulletin board.Didn't keep any news about bd.Don't why know but all on a sudden i felt "let's go and bulletin board and see what's going on".In that time ,I saw the story about one year sentencing of Taslima Nasreen....Felt so bad..how long we have to stay such downgraded position.....How long our country people will take to learn respecting....I see the case was filed by a hardline school teacher....a man....so doesn't it mean only the man are the pious person...I would feel good..if i saw that the case was taken by a lady who represnts her....I saw while i was in bd many man do many thing ..but when a lady does anything ,they start shouting..what the hell is it?everybody has the same right..and everybody has a right to say whatever she or he wants to say...if she writes anything that's her expression ...state of mind..what's wrong with that??why do she has to get senteced for her expression..I was lucky to read her two of books...I was lucky to read her two books lojja(shame) and the other one i forget....the first one was nice book...whatever happend in real life ..she mentioned it there...but some people couldn't take it becuase they don't like truth ...it will show their weakness...so ...they try to shout out louder....

she said some comments about islam...yeah I know..but don't you think that's true things she said??We know that's true but we are scared of saying truth...like the common one I think..why don't we have lady prophet...if allah said everybody equal why he couldn't sent a lady prophet...hmm....We are nation without backbone....only has dream that we will have it sooner but not sure though.

People Discussion
cluster11
(Monday, October 14, 2002)

Your first paragraph explains an immature viewpoint. You said "..and everybody has a right to say whatever she or he wants to say" which shows your ignorance of law and civil rights. You cannot publish books defaming a particular race, religion or ehtnic group and be not held liable in civil court. This is called democracy, its NOT the right of do whatever u want to do but the "right to free will RESPECTING others". I will let u ponder on that as you GROW UP.

ClusterOne

oasis
(Tuesday, October 15, 2002)

YOU SHOULD READ ABOUT "BASIC CONCEPT OF ISLAM, BEFORE U COMMENT IN FAVOUR OF "DERAILED LADY TASLIMA'S WRITINGS."
MY BEST WISHES WILL REMAIN WITH U AND PRAYER TO ALMIGHTY ALLAH SUBHANAHU TAALA THAT, MAY THE ALMIGHTY HELP U AND ALL OF US TO LEARN BASIC CONCEPT OF ISLAM AND GUIDE US TOWARDS RIGHT PATH.
FEEAMANILLAH.

cluster11

Your second paragraph does not even merit a response but I will clarify something briefly. Religion is based on faith, and by the questions u asked, you have essentially lost your right to call yourself a muslim. Its like trying to be gay (or lesbian) and want to be an orthodox catholic at the same time.
So now that you are a non-muslim you also have NO RIGHT to criticize Islam. And finally, even the greatest of the scientists do not challenge the major religions (Islam included) and u dare question why God does what God does?? If you talk like an idiot then you deserve to be called one. Free speech goes both ways and it comes with a responsibility that is apparently lost on whatever puny little gray matter u have left in your brain.

ClusterOne

HAHA

“It’s like trying to be gay (or lesbian) and want to be an orthodox catholic at the same time.” I wonder whether your definition of democracy permits you to make that statement cluster11 :-)!

ozone

I totally agree with cluster11 and oasis. Well said!!! April, if you spend some time reading about Islamic civilization than you might get a better understanding about it. You might as well start liking it. Especially you will be surprised when you read about woman’s right in Islam (before Islam there was no right for woman, west was living in a dark age). A scientist always needs sufficient data before reaching to a conclusion. Neither you nor taslima have enough data to criticize Islam (or God). This is exactly the reason why taslima is not getting enough attention anywhere. By the way, don’t get upset by our comments.

cluster11

HAHA said:
I wonder whether your definition of democracy permits you to make that statement cluster11 :-)!

I am not sure if you udnerstodd that statement correctly. I was implying the self-contradiction in being lesbian and orthodox-christian (one excludes the other). This was not about whether someone has the right to be that. Its jsut self-contradictory. Then again one ca nstart his/her own version of christinatiy that accepts homosexuals .. it jsut wouldnt be roman catholiscism.

ClusterOne

HAHA

I know what you meant cluster11. I was just pointing out that some people might be offended by what you said (e.g., who are you to judge that those 2 things are contradictory – someone might have complete faith on both and be cool with it) and consequently no one would be able to talk about anything anymore if we punish people for speaking what they think! As long as we all are able to think on our own, anyone can say anything. Saying something does not mean that it is automatically true. Truth is relative.

cluster11

"e.g., who are you to judge that those 2 things are contradictory – someone might have complete faith on both and be cool with it"
- Because orthodox catholicism does not permit homosexuality. There is NO JUDGING issue here. No one stops you from being gay or be roman catholic, but the later does not allow the former so u cant have both. You can be protestant, be what other sect u want to be and come up with your own sect for that matter. As simple as that. Any exception to that means you dont follow that religion anyway, so no point in claiming to be part of it!
Similiarly Islam REQUIRES that you do not question God if you claim yourself to be a muslim. So by definition u become a non-muslim if u do just that. And thats fine, i dont care if u change faith or not. But I do care if someone say bad things about my religion which he/she has denounced by definition.

ClusterOne

cluster11

Someone has the right to criticize whatever they want, and if they're dumb enough to attack a religion (which is a belief system and not in realm of logic) then others also have the right to criticize them. The difference is whetehr he/she can make a coherent argument. The initial post had many flaws and i simply exposed that. Of course i would be happy to respond to any further claim backing up what the writer said but i havent seen none yet.

And NO "Truth is NOT Relative" in msot cases. You wouldnt even be able to publish a response here in this board unless boolean value of your sign-in came out as TRUE. You with the alis "HAHA" has a TRUE identity without which you wouldnt be able to go around this world let alone come to this BBS. Bottom line, say whatever u want, but whether that makes sense and is rational is what indicates whether its worth listening/reading.

ClusterOne

HAHA

There are many orthodox catholic people who are gay but believe in their religion. They might not be accepted by the orthodox catholic church but they have their own belief. Hence truth is relative – these people have their OWN orthodox catholicism. “Any exception to that means you don’t follow that religion anyway, so no point in claiming to be part of it!” That sounds like fascism :-)!

Yes Taslima Nasrin can be criticized (note not penalized) for what she writes – that will open up the dialogue instead of smothering it.

Of course I am a human being behind the screen name HAHA. I don’t understand why that would mean truth can’t be relative. How do you know you and I are real? By the way, have you seen “Vanilla Sky :-)?”

heemel
(Wednesday, October 16, 2002)

April ... you have come here after a long absence. I'm so happy to see you back. I welcome you with very warm greetings. Please be that regular April of BB as before.

I feel so sorry to see some of our friends getting hurt to their very delicate feelings. I have full respect to their religeous feelings.

Men and women are equal in the sense we are all human beings. Nobody can deny that. But as for being men and women, we complement each other ... how could we ever be the same? Is there really an issue to argue about that ... it's so obvious.

heemel

Cluster I apreciate the way you have distinguished logic and faith as parallel entities. Yeah ... they don't intersect with each other. I fully agree with you in that we dont have enough observation to question the authority of God. We really are helpless in that sense. But as a Muslim I'm hurt to see those words saying ... you don't care if a Muslim changes his/her belief. Please don't take it other ways ... but does Islam really teach us that way?

As the followers of the last prophet it's our duty to invite (Dawah) everyone to Islam. If that's what we are doing here, nodoubt we are doing the right thing. But we should be very careful not to hurt anybody's feelings in doing that. Not just because Islam teaches us that way ... it highly discourages it the other way at the same time.

heemel

I know I don't have the wisdom to preach anybody about Islam. But brothers I'm just trying to convey what I know to you. If I hurt anybodys feelings please forgive me and pray for me that Allah shows me (and all of us) the right way.

Ozone ... I sincerely appreciate your comprehensive writing. Salute!

cluster11

HAHA:
"That sounds like fascism :-)! "
- How is criticizing a POST on a Bulletin Board facism??? All we are doing here is posting our opinion. Nobody has disallowed YOUR or april's posting in B2K so your RIGHT to express yourself (intelligent or otherwise) has NOT been violated. Expressing/criticizing one's comments is very much a democratic right, just as your right to respond to that. I want you to clarify where you see "facism" here.

And I have seen vanilla sky, its a good sci-fi flick. Whats the relevance? Please explain.

Heemel:
Nice posting. Of course it would be desirable to me that more ppl convert to Islam but thats an entirely different topic. I responded here to an unnecessary criticism of Islam. Thats all.

ClusterOne

HAHA

The comment about fascism was in reference to Taslima Nasrin – not about posting in B2K (although if you look into the history of B2K postings, you will see actions motivated by fascism here too).

“Vanilla Sky” explored the idea of alternate realities – you were talking about my existence being an absolute truth which is why I mentioned the movie. There really is not anyway to prove that my or your life is not a dream, is there :-)?

cluster11

"Vanilla Sky explored the idea of alternate realities – you were talking about my existence being an absolute truth which is why I mentioned the movie. There really is not anyway to prove that my or your life is not a dream, is there :-)?"
- depends on how you define 'dream'. In reality most people hardly even remember a dream let alone feel like living inside it. Whats being explored in Vanilla Sky and Matrix are still far beyond our reach in actual technology. And yes I know you are a person, not a bot or dream. Proving that is sort of out of scope of B2K BBS topics but I will elaborate if u insist.

ClusterOne

HAHA

“Still far beyond our reach in actual technology” – that might be in the life you are dreaming where you are having a conversation with HAHA on this bulletin board :-)!

cluster11

"that might be in the life you are dreaming where you are having a conversation with HAHA on this bulletin board :-)! "

- Thanks for clarifying your belief and your perception of TRUTH! Well better late than never, I wont waste my time anymore responding to someone who believes to be living inside a dream. Hope u wake up and find reality someday.

ClusterOne

heemel

Thanks Cluster.

By the way this actually is not a different topic ... if it's all about Islam ... then this is the core.

HAHA
(Thursday, October 17, 2002)

"Might be!"

Copyright © Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement