bangla2000 Home • b2k Interactive  Home • all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Wednesday, December 13, 2017 BD

Groups
Anything Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Friday, October 04, 2002
Subject:
~*~Friends plz help~*~
Description:

Dear friends,

I am having difficulty describing "sunset" to a friend of mine who has been blind since birth...Can't you halep me discribe sunset to this friend? How would you describe sunset to a person who hasn't seen anything in their life, but has felt things...

People Discussion
Naaz
(Friday, October 04, 2002)

help*

Naaz

help*

vanity_press

The color of the sunset - the softly painted red clouds in the western sky announces the end of a brighten day. It is almost impossible to describe the true beauty and ambience of one of nature?s perennial phenomena to someone who has never experienced the interplay between the color and the light. How can you depict the visceral beauty of the sunset to the one whose power of imagination is crippled by his unfortunate fate? You can?t and that is truly sad. You can explain the mundane process of the sunset ? why it happens and how it happens ? as a science teacher would, leaving out its aesthetic aspect. But that will fail to portray the other side of the natural world ? the beauty and the symmetry of it. The question that I?ll raise is that would a blind person be aware of the aesthetic nature of our world. If the answer is no, then you are trying in vain to explain the sunset to him.

I know I am not being any help. The inability to describe the sunset with all its color and beauty to a blind person is a testament to the blessed lives we all have, the things we take for granted and the wonderful nature that surrounds us.

vanity_press

Note: Some of the question marks in the above narrative are inserted by the browser. So use your imagination

**~KonkaBoti~**
(Saturday, October 05, 2002)

vanity, those who are blind from the birth they have their own of experiencing every thing,. They have their own way of experiencing life and beauty, which suits them very well. This is not fair to have pitty on these wonderful people saying that their "imagination is crippled by unfortunate fate!" You should remember that " the most beautiful things in life can not to be seen or touched,they are to felt".

Naaz, why don't you ask your friend to describe you the sunset? For a change let's see, how he sees the sunset in his mind?

OPSORA

Very good thought Konka...Let him describe from his point of view and then you add thoughts to it to make him feel the beauty.

vanity_press

To Kankaboti:
I think you are taking my comment out of context. It should be read in the context of explaining the sunset to a blind person by someone who can see. Surely they have their own way of experiencing nature and everything that surrounds them, but it is not the same experience enjoying by the ones who can see. So, when one tries to explain the sunset to a blind person, he or she could not possibly provoke any degree of imagination in the blind man’s mind that resembles in the slightest way which he or she enjoys or takes it for granted. It is not that I’m feeling pity for them, it is simply the reality of it. So, when you are asking the blind person to explain the sunset in his own terms, you are simply making the point that it is not possible for us to describe it to him or even if you try it would be beyond his comprehension. And one last point, they are indeed wonderful people, who is there to say that they are not wonderful.

Naaz

I can tell my friend that there is a “A yellow ball, which is hang up in the sky, about the size of a handball, sinks behind the horizon. As it does, the light creates changes from yellow to bright orange. When its done sinking behind the horizon, all becomes dark”
But I am having difficulty explaining for the reason that I can’t explain colors… They know what color means, and they know how colors exist as a technical effect of light refraction, but they have never EXPERIENCED colors! We can talk for hours about colors, patterns, the sun sinking behind mountains, distance, the skyline, deepness, shade, shadows, sunset, etc. however even though we speak the same language, and the blind person knows the definition and meaning of every word you use they have no "mutual foundation of experiencing" the reality behind the words, so they can't actually grasp what we are trying to describe.

Naaz

Vanity ,
"Beauty" is a impression in itself. Yes, you can portray "beauty," but then that's unfolding beauty, NOT a sunset.

Konka,
the person doesn't know what a sunset is until I explain it to her. Maybe then she'll be able to correct me but if I don't know how to start it, how can I get her reaction from it?

Naaz

Vanity ,
"Beauty" is a impression in itself. Yes, you can portray "beauty," but then that's unfolding beauty, NOT a sunset.

Konka,
the person doesn't know what a sunset is until I explain it to her. Maybe then she'll be able to correct me but if I don't know how to start it, how can I get her reaction from it?

soikat
(Sunday, October 06, 2002)

naaz>>>>>
it is very hard to explain anybody abt anything what he or she never seen or never known abt that.but in case of blind ppl,they have their own way to know this..so don't worry abt this.

but i think who has eyes(i mean who can see everything),ask them to describe about sunset.....do you really can describe sunset???do you??????take it easy!!!!

Rony Salman
(Sunday, October 06, 2002)

A little late though, but just couldn’t help sharing my views with others seeing a nice but delicate and touching issue to mull over! Naaz, go on articulate in your most eloquent way that you deem would heighten a sublime sunset, the blind person will use her vivid imagination to delve its beauty! Not to mention, they have times more the power of imagination compared to a sighted person. The more you tell her about it, the more she will add to its beauty, eventually having a nice sunset of her own!! Her sunset may differ a little (or more than a little) from what we see here, but that definitely will be a divine beauty of her own creation where she will take utmost pleasure whenever she opts to view it!! I guess there is where it matters most!!

Naaz
(Monday, October 07, 2002)

Good idea Rony...maybe I can try that.

heemel
(Tuesday, October 08, 2002)

Rony ... you got a beautiful heart.

Rony Salman
(Tuesday, October 08, 2002)

Thanks for saying that, heemel!

tarantula
(Wednesday, October 09, 2002)

Ami ekta shundor reply likhsilam... kintu reply ta nai hoye gelo (for some problems ...)
tai ekhon ami ar likhlam na. Etai hoilo sunset time.

tarantula
(Wednesday, October 09, 2002)

Ami ekta shundor reply likhsilam... kintu reply ta nai hoye gelo (for some problems ...)
tai ekhon ami ar likhlam na. Etai hoilo sunset time.

capsule20mg
(Thursday, October 10, 2002)

when the sun begains to falll down then that is sun set ....sun bigain to red and that like a dish..there is a lot of ray of lite ...that is called godhuli ...godhuli bela ke bole kone dekha somoy...coz every thing look like dream...when the sun set beside the seashore that soOOoo fantustic...is a amazing experience ...

anyway naaz if any one view then sunset beside ur friend that will be easy to describe ur fren how sunset look like ....

Naaz
(Friday, October 11, 2002)

lolz...thanx capsule..ami try korbo tomader discription hishebe amar friend ke discribe korar jonne...sunset dhekte kemon...
by the way
capsule I work at a pharmacy, mind telling me which capsule20mg are you?
just curious so I would understand the power of your strength

Naaz
(Friday, October 11, 2002)

lolz...thanx capsule..ami try korbo tomader discription hishebe amar friend ke discribe korar jonne...sunset dhekte kemon...
by the way
capsule I work at a pharmacy, mind telling me which capsule20mg are you?
just curious so I would understand the power of your strength

dreamartist
(Saturday, October 26, 2002)

for a blind sunset is like a serenity, with no desire and just sit beside the window on some lonely nite in silence n feel the breeze, n theres nothing, absolutely nothing in mind, just a sheer bliss of knowing i am alive and tomorrow will b another beautiful day.

dreamartist
(Saturday, October 26, 2002)

for a blind sunset is like a serenity, with no desire and just sit beside the window on some lonely nite in silence n feel the breeze, n theres nothing, absolutely nothing in mind, just a sheer bliss of knowing i am alive and tomorrow will b another beautiful day.

Naaz
(Monday, October 28, 2002)

Very Nice dreamartist...But exactly how would the Blind know that it's going to be a beautiful day tomorrow, when it seems so hard to explain beauty to them?

dreamartist
(Sunday, November 03, 2002)

dreamartist
(Sunday, November 03, 2002)

dear naaz, beauty is to see with ur eyes closed.

Naaz
(Monday, November 04, 2002)

Khub Shundor bolecho Dreamartist..it is something that everyone ought to know...thanx...I will try to explain that..

dreamartist
(Monday, November 11, 2002)

dreamartist
(Monday, November 11, 2002)

bluelily
(Sunday, February 02, 2003)

It's easy to give and take an advice for a person whose world is different than those who are blessed with the main senses but does not value it and take it for granted.
But then we're all ignorant and lack something or the other.You can't
percieve everything to perfection.
Your friend can only feel the warmth of the sun and what surpasses that is the warmth of your life long friendship - a rare sacred bond.

Ask her to bask in it always and she'll know what a sunset looks like in her world.
You can never be her eyes no matter how much you try and that's the truth.

Copyright © Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement