bangla2000 Home b2k Interactive  Home all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Sunday, December 17, 2017 BD

Groups
Anything Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Monday, September 23, 2002
Subject:
For Lalan enthusiasts
Description:

Hey folks,

Check this out. I saw a good site on Lalan Fakir online. It seems to be growing slowly but looks good with short bio and some lyrics (both english and Bangla) of the great Fakir. The URL is:

http://www.lalonfakir.org/

later,

ClusterOne

People Discussion
kuashaa!!
(Monday, September 23, 2002)

do you know about any online Lalon music archive, by any chance?

OPSORA

Thx for your tips dear Cluster.

Sabrina

Thx for the info clust ... it hasn't been too long since I first discovered the hanuting lyrics of Lalan when I downloaded farida parvin's rendition of "Barir kachey arshi nagar ..." a year back ... I wud actually like to know more abt him, and was wondering if u can help with some lead.

Sabrina

haunting*

cluster11
(Tuesday, September 24, 2002)

Sab.

That site i posted link to above has a brief bio on him. He was a lower cast Hindu I think born in late eighteenth century. Later wrote some amazing poems/folk songs and started a whole new genre in Bengali music that we call Lalan giti now. I have experimented a bit with his music, if u like i will send you the link. My biggest problem though, dont have a lead singer to tune with. Next year I hope to have a partner in doing some tracks on lalan Giti. Maybe my experiments will be more bearable to listen to then

ClusterOne

Copyright Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement