bangla2000 Home • b2k Interactive  Home • all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Friday, October 20, 2017 BD

Groups
b2k - odds and evens Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Saturday, July 13, 2002
Subject:
Some1 should do something abt it!!!!!
Description:

hey all...i just want 2 say tht recently i can`t go 2 b2k...hardly if i`m lucky then i can...i`m sure some1 blocked my ip..hey isn`t any1 gonne do anything abt it..i bet i`m not the only 1..if u all say it`s a friendly place..then make it friendly...don`t just lecture it!!!u pplz whoever blocked my ip n some1 should do something abt it!!!!!!!! naamei shob admin hoy...don mind...i`m not saying 2 all admins...some stupid one`s i`m pointing at 2 can`t mind their own buisness!!!

People Discussion
Adhar
(Saturday, July 13, 2002)

yes i m with tania, if u pplz think this is a friendly place then make it friendly plssssss...

Silent_observer

If you have a dynamic Ip, in that case the the netmask of that whole ISP will be blocked. No matter how hard you try you won't be able to join B2k; i.e; if you are using dialup/broadband service of optusnet.com.au, Aust, then whole Isp add will be blocked. Because it offers dynamic ip. No matter how many times you try, the result will be the same.

Silent_observer

And if the isp offers static Ip service; ie; you have a static ip address, its even easier, only your ip address will be blocked, not that of the whole isp.

The bottomline is if your ip address is blocked, you cant join using that same isp, regardless of how many times you try.

HAHA

Very customer-friendly service!

Silent_observer

HAH; i thought cultured, educated, civilized people with some common sense come to chat rooms. guess i`m wrong!!!

Silent_observer

Through previous comments,i just wanted to point out one single thing; if someone is blocked, he/she can`t join the room. And the fact that sometimes the Bulletin Publisher can join the room means admins have no role to play in it.
As simple as that!!

Silent_observer

Through previous comments,i just wanted to point out one single thing; if someone is blocked, he/she can`t join the room. And the fact that sometimes the Bulletin Publisher can join the room means admins have no role to play in it.
As simple as that!!

kuashaa!!

"Silent_observer
HAH; i thought cultured, educated, civilized people with some common sense come to chat rooms. guess i`m wrong!!!"

You seem to know IT, and that's why I wonder how could you even think of publishing this stagnant comment!!

HAHA

As I have said before, defining terms like “cultured, educated, civilized” from one’s own point of view and trying to impose one’s values on others is close to fascism! People are different – one can live one’s life the way one wants while respecting diversity and not hating others who are different. If you don’t get it, it will hurt this website in the long run.

Silent_observer
(Sunday, July 14, 2002)

kuashaa!! my comments had nothing to do with being knowledgable on IT or whatever. I just tried to show the logical reasons that if someone is banned, he/she can`t join the room. And since its possible for her/him to join the rooms sometimes, proves that he or she is not banned/blocked by the admins. This was my sole purpose.

And in that process i certainly didnot expect any derogatory/defamatory comments like
"Very customer-friendly service!" specially by someone who doesnt know all relevant facts about this incident.

I was totally dumbfounded by such lame accusatory comments!!! Trying to explain one user of something(like he/she is not blocked by the admins) is rather one way of being supportive to the users, sharing the responsibility of being accountable to the "customers", nowhere i tried to sound supercilious.

Silent_observer
(Sunday, July 14, 2002)

And HAHA i agree with you that terms like "cultured, educated, civilized" cant not be defined from 1`s own point of view and there will be differences and this diversity needs to be respected.
But there are some minimal guidelines to fall in those those terms, regardless of time and location. Some basic qualities must be there.

capsule20mg
(Sunday, July 14, 2002)

nothin to say only i can say that b2k is going to in a wrong way that's all

HAHA
(Sunday, July 14, 2002)

Dear Silent_observer, perhaps you should consider changing your nick! You seem very vocal to me! LOL!
Let’s say both of us study at the same school and we both come to B2K. Now I said something in the chat room that offended mother mary and her prude, polite minions and consequently the whole school got blocked! In that case, no matter how much you try, you won’t be able to log on to B2K although you have not done anything (unless you change your school halfway or pay for your own private ISP ;-)! Right? Is that an example of customer-friendly service?

HAHA
(Sunday, July 14, 2002)

And mind you, as a customer, I don’t have to know any/all of the relevant facts! If I am not happy, it’s up to the company to make me feel the other way round. At least that’s what consumer behaviour literature suggests! The customer is always right (as long as you want to make profit)! As for your last point, let me say ONCE again, one chat room for mother mary and her prude, polite minions and one chat room for people who don’t care about “minimal guidelines” is a professional approach! Kicking people out of chat rooms, suspiciously banning someone’s IP address or an entire ISP and then even more suspiciously trying to prove that the banning was carried out by someone else etc. are not signs of professionalism!
Ciao!

catfish
(Sunday, July 14, 2002)

HAHA! I wonder how can anyone be a customer of b2k! I don't think any user of b2k ever paid a single penny for anything! I haven't seen any service in b2k that asks for money! I haven't even seen a single banner ad served in b2k chat or b2k BB! I think everything in b2k is free and whether one wants to enjoy the services is completely his/her own choice! I don't even think the admins get any salary from b2k for their services! I guess they spend their own money and time to give this voluntary service to the chat room! It is not their profession! So there is no point in expecting prefessionalism from them!

catfish
(Sunday, July 14, 2002)

What I wanted to mean is that b2k is not trying to sell anything to us directly and not even indirectly! We are not customers of b2k! We are just consuming for free and!

kuashaa!!
(Sunday, July 14, 2002)

Silent_observer, you are not supposed to be a cyber cop. you are not supposed to be a social reformer based on B2K too. Remember this in the first place. Secondly, if you belong to the 'ruler' community of B2K, you do not need to explain everything to it's customers. (by the way, customer doesn't mean who always pays in return). what it seems to be in B2K is those involved in developing this B2K is thriving to interact with people in every single scope! In general it's not bad. it's bad then when you have nothing to offer other than parenthood.

Do not forget, some people developed this B2K, true. But this is we people who promote the site. If the Authority is reluctant promoting this site, then whatever is going on now around B2K is Perfect.

kuashaa!!
(Sunday, July 14, 2002)

From the first hand industry experience I can assure you about one thing is, B2K is like somebody's own Den. People are welcome but their staying is very restricted. which is not healthy or optimistic.

You may ask, who these people are?! Why are they so crazy about this site?! This is something B2K authority should be proud of. We show our concern because we like to be in B2K. As a valued customer, we need to be treated well and in a professional manner too.

I hope I could draw some conclusions.

One more thing, again, the customers wouldn't like too much involvement of admins serving not the customer community, rather their friends.

Leen
(Sunday, July 14, 2002)

So what is the resolution?....I couldn't get in too....

Silent_observer
(Sunday, July 14, 2002)

HAHA
(Sunday, July 14, 2002)
"........... suspiciously banning someone’s IP address or an entire ISP and then even more suspiciously trying to prove that the banning was carried out by someone else etc. are not signs of professionalism!"

Dear HAHA, exactly; this is no sign of professionalism! And that`s why no one's Ip is blocked.
As i said it before, you seem to have got it all wrong. No one's Ip is blocked. And no one is trying to shift the blame on others, "because no one's Ip is blocked in the very first place". And hence whats the debate all about??????

Copyright © Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement