bangla2000 Home • b2k Interactive  Home • all   bulletins • New Members Sign Up • b2k Members Sign In
Tuesday, October 17, 2017 BD

Groups
Islam Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Tuesday, March 19, 2002
Subject:
EQUALITY IN TREATMENT-part 3
Description:

AS DAUGHTER

Before the advent of Islam, Arabs used to prefer sons to daughters whom they considered their great social and financial asset, but daughters were considered an unbearable social and financial burden as well as a source of ignominy and disgrace and on their very mention their heads dropped in shame. The Quran portrays a very graphic picture of the feelings of a parent on the birth of his daughter at that time.

“ When news is brought to one of them of the
Birth of a female (child), his face
Darkens, and he is filled
With inward grief
With shame does he hide
Himself from his people, because of the bad news
He has had. Shall he retain it
On (sufferance and) contempt, or bury it
In the dust.
(Al-Nahl 16:58-59)

The preference for the male child still persists in some societies so much so that the termination of a female foetus has lately emerged as a common practice in Hindus of modern India. The Quran vehemently criticizes such an abhorrent practice against unborn female and regards it a capital offence and puts an end to it once and for all. Apart from worldly punishment, on the doomsday, too, the Quran says, one would have to answer about his crime against humanity:

“ When the female(infant)
buried alive, is questioned,
For what crime she was killed.
(Al-Takwir 81:8-9)

Islam simply refuses to recognize any difference of status between a male and a female foetus. The birth of a boy or a girl is equally important and occasion to celebrate and pay thanks to God.
Islam, therefore, inculcates a totally positive feeling for daughters and requires its followers to treat them as fairly as them treat their sons. The Prophet Mohammed (S) has exhorted Muslims for proper upbringing of daughters paying fullest attention to their physical and mental growth.
He says:

“ Whoever is (put to test be being) given custody of three daughters and whom he treats generously, this act of his will shield him from hell-fire.” (Bukhari).

Islam also enjoins upon muslims to provide good education and training to their daughters and see them well-settled in marriage with a fine match and continue a fair and just treatment even after marriage. The Prophet declares:

“whoever nourishes three daughters, educates and trains them, gets them married (and afterwards) offers a gentle behaviour to them has his place reserved in Heaven.” (Hakim)

Generally more love and affection is showered on sons in feeding, clothing, education, training and in every respect a greater preference is accorded to them. This is pure injustice and oppression. In Islam such discrimination is forbidden and condemned . the Prophet says:

“Whoever has daughter,… and doesn’t give her a mean treatment and doesn’t give preference to his son over his daughter, God will make enter Heaven.” (Hakim)

Islam highly values the being of young girls (daughters) and strictly forbids casting aspersions to them. The Prophet has commanded Muslims in unequivocal terms:

“Do not hate girls, they are comforting and very precious.” (Ahmed)

Islam has been so particular about the well – being of young girls that it has not overlooked any aspect of their life where they might be need of social and economic security. Apart from spiritual exhortations, Islam has made the maintenance of daughter a legal binding on her father until her marriage if she is fatherless this automatically shifts to her nearest kin

After marriage her maintenance is solely her husband’s responsibility if her husband dies or divorces her and if she lacks the adequate financial means, the responsibility goes to her children. If she has no children third responsibility falls back on her nearest kin starting from father. If she remarries, her maintenance will be the responsibility of the new husband, This is a legal right and the Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) has emphasized its importance thus:
“Shall I not show you what is greatest charity.(it is) to be grateful to your daughter who (after becoming widow or being divorced) is sent back to you and their is no one save you, who could be her financial supporter. (Ahmed)
In the family system of Islam the right of a woman are legally protected as well as she also enjoys a position of honour and dignity as mother wife and daughter. not only she is considered equal but sometimes it appears she enjoys greater privileges than man for instance she has an equal share in man ,s earnings but man for instance she has an equal share in man’s earning but man has no share in her eating or property she can refuse to feed her children or claim money for it doing household work also is not her legal responsibility she may demand payment for it. And if she does the household work happily considering it a matter of moral responsibility she is only doing a favour to her husband for which he should be grateful to her.
(To be continue)

People Discussion
bd_KonkaBoti
(Tuesday, March 19, 2002)

nice writeup, Shubochon bhaia. Kintu ekat proshno: cheler aakika te 2 ta chagol, aar meyer aakika te 1 ta chagol keno?

aar ekta proshno, purano proshno aabaro korchi, sorry! shakkhi debar khetre 1 jon purush shomaan 2 jon meye keno?? what if the women are more intelligent and educated then men??

kumropotash

Shubachon, it’s obvious that religion has stated contradictory statements regarding the equality between men and women (they are also ambiguous as they are open to interpretation). This imperfection simply points out that religion is the creation of humans!

pardeshi

Thanks for trying to explain what Islam says about woman.I said these before and saying it again in Islam it was made very clear about everyones equality.To God all humankind is equal.Regardless of their place of birth or their religion.I gave the address of a california University web site,but no one checked it out or some of the regular participants here didn't learn anything new.They are just arguing,these people are not interested to find out why people believe in religion?They just here to argue.Not just average people but some of the greatest people in history was very religious.Rabindra prayed every morning.And the way some of these people talk about Islam and Bangladesh it might look like there are religious police in the country.Last time I checked there weren't any.So,why some people blaming everything on Islam.Know everything you can about Islam then criticize it. Thx.

kumropotash

Pardeshi, why should I waste my time looking into a website when it’s evident from the discussion here that islam is full of contradictory and ambiguous statements! If you know something from that website that can refute what iota and bushra have posted – please let me know. I would like to see something SOLID and VALID. I never said that religion was responsible for all the bad things in the world. If you meant me – I would like to know how you arrived at that conclusion. By the way, Rabindranath believed in a different religion – are you suggesting that there is more than one religion? Is that also from that website?

Copyright © Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement