bangla2000 Home • b2k Interactive  Home • all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Saturday, December 16, 2017 BD

Groups
Islam Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published and Discussed
Date: Sunday, March 17, 2002
Subject:
EQUALITY IN TREATMENT-part 1
Description:

EQUALITY IN TREATMENT
AS MOTHER

Woman in Islam have equal access to health and other social security and welfare services. They are not to be treated as inferior in any sense. After Almighty God and His Prophet, Islam assigns the highest rank to mother. Although Islam instructs man to give just and fair treatment to both father and mother. One is repeatedly exhorted to show a greater respect to mother. The Quran says:

“We have enjoined on man
Kindness to his parents
In pain did his mother
Bear him, and in pain
The carrying of the child
To his weaning is
(a period of ) thirty months.”
(Al-Ahqaf 46:15)

At another place God says:

“And we have enjoined on man (to be good)
To his parents:
In travail upon travail.
Did his mother bear him,
And in years twain
Was his weaning (hear the command)
‘Show gratitude to Me and to the parents:
To me is (final) goal.”
(Luqman 31:14)

In the entire task of child upbringing like feeding, nursing, education and training, the father participates with mother. But it is only mother who alone bears all the pains and troubles of pregnancy and delivery individually.
To bear the burden of pregnancy for nine long months, to give birth to a child after a great struggle of life and death and to feed her child out of her own blood and to lead a life full of care and strict precaution in all these stages is not at all an easy task. Father does not face any of these hardships and does not bear all this pain. Islam therefore duly acknowledges that the benevolence and favours of woman on humankind are greater then those of man.

The Prophet Mohammed (PUB) has instructed mankind to give a fair and just treatment both to father and mother. But he has put a highly pronounced stress on showing a very deep respect to mother and to behave very politely with her. In this respect the prophet has repeatedly instructed mankind thus:

“ I enjoin man about his mother, I enjoin man about his mother, I enjoin man about his mother, I enjoin man about his father.” (Bukhari, Muslim)

Aysha, the prophet’s wife, once inquired: ‘O Messenger of God,. ‘who has the greatest right on man?’ The prophet replied “ His mother”(has the greatest right on him) (Hakim)
Disobedience to parents has been included by the prophet in the category of major sins. Islam forbids disobedience to mother which is condemned as a criminal and sinful act. The Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) said:

“Allah has forbidden you to be undutiful to mothers. To withhold (what you should give) or demand (what you do not deserve), and to bury your daughters alive. (Bukhari)

The last part of the tradition aptly applies to the modern practice of aborting the unwanted female foetus in some parts of the world.

People Discussion
kumropotash
(Monday, March 18, 2002)

I have already mentioned that glorifying women in the role of mother is just a shrewd ploy! It enables a husband to mistreat his wife even more securely because a mother is most likely to be blinded by affection and take the side of her son no matter how he treats his wife! So the son can mistreat his wife yet go to heaven by keeping his mother happy whereas the mother will be mistreated by the father! By the way shubachon, what is “PUB?”

Copyright © Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement