bangla2000 Home • b2k Interactive  Home • all   bulletins New Members Sign Up b2k Members Sign In
Tuesday, October 24, 2017 BD

Groups
National Group

Bulletins Participate in the Bulletin
Enter Your Opinion
Click to add Emoticons.
blush confused cool cry eek frown biggrin
evilgrin supergrin kiss lol smile love mad
redface rolleyes sweat tongue trippy winky alien
devil happy indifferent nerd ohwell sick tired

Bulletins Bulletin : Published
Date: Sunday, March 17, 2002
Subject:
Re: Women in Bangladesh: Jonmoi jekhane ajonmo paap
Description:

Very true and very sad (increase in woman’s involvement in the industrial sector is largely attributed to the garment industry so I won’t consider that a positive change since women work under inhumane conditions in the garment industry and I believe that is one of the reasons why employers in that industry prefer to hire women employees – it’s easier to exploit them given the socioeconomic reality). I just want to point out one quick thing in reference to sampling! Neither of these statistics says that 100% of the male population of Bangladesh are responsible for these situations! Which is why we should not generalize! For example, 47% of women are assaulted by an intimate male partner – let’s say roughly 50% of the rest have the desire but not the courage to assault their intimate female partners. We will still be left with 3% who do not belong to either of the above 2 groups. If you generalize and say that the 2nd group consists of the rest 53%, not 50% - it will be a generalization triggered by emotion but not supported by research science.

People Discussion
There are currently no Opinions to this Bulletin.

Be the first to discuss this Bulletin by adding your Opinion in the box to the left.

Copyright © Bangla2000. All Rights Reserved.
About Us  |  Legal Notices  |  Contact for Advertisement